woensdag 11 januari 2012

Mystery repeats ~~

This week I was searching (again) to buy a new lolita dress, that's not something very special.
Normally I do that every day, if I have the time.
It doesn't mean I'm going to buy a new dress, I just like to find a dress I love and want to add it
to my wishlist...

Lately I'm not really amused by those new dresses, I like them but not enough to want them....
I always have the kind of feeling I already know the dress or the print.
Of course this is true, I know this for years, brand are copying each other so many dresses
from different brands look the same.
Only this isn't the only 'issue' there are also lolita brand who copying dresses from their own
brand, and saying it's a new print or dress.

Let me show you some examples:
Angelic pretty: Memorial Cake (2009) and Decoration dream. (2011)

Both very lovely dresses only they are very simular to each other.

Angelic pretty/Baby the stars shine bright: Vanilla-chan and Kitten in the room of sweets. (both 2010)

Cute Kittens? The dress design isn't the same, but I can see simularities. Pink and blue are both coming back in the designs. Can this be coincidence?! O_o

Alice and the Pirates: Vampire relequiem and The cat, the witch and the apple tree. (2009/2011, 2011)

First of all, I love these dresses, one of these days I will buy the cat the witch and the apple tree jsk, that's the only explitation I will make if it's about prints/dresses which look the same...
Still I think the print design looks like each other, it's not the same theme but it's the same format I think.
And the shape of the dress is nearly the same.

Metamorphose perfume bottle and Angelic pretty Rose Toillete (2010  /2007)


Do I need to say anything more about all these dresses?? xD

What do you think, is this pure coincidence? Or are these brands copying each other?
I think it's no coincidence..
I would rather see new fresh designs than the same print which is repeating himself.
For example, I already own the memorial cake from Angelic Pretty, I love the print but I'm
not going to buy Decoration Dream because it looks the same...
I'm not going to spent so much money on a jsk which looks the same as the one I already have
in my closet.

I would like to hear you opinion about this?
What do you think, do you mind?
Or is it something you don't care about at all?!

*Note: I used some individual pictures from lolitas, I found these on google. I want to say that you look awesome! *_*
If you don't want me to use your picture, please tell me, I will remove it.*

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Well, as a goth loli, I have to admit I have trouble recognizing sweet prints. But I also see a lot of lolitas who have trouble seeing the difference between Cathedral and Church Gate, for example. I think Moitie also repeats its prints. For AatP, I think they are quite unique, VR and Black Cat look alike, but they are quite different. I own the VR skirt in blue and the Black Cat in red but I don't have the feeling I have two very alike pieces in my closet :) Same with Moitie.

    And ah well, I would love to see more originality, but I think every brand will evolve some time^^ For now, the dresses that are way too similar aren't on my wishlist. It will save money and I wait until I find another print or plain dress that is really different from what I have!^^

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Aangezien Angelic Pretty mijn favoriete merk is heb ik heeel veel tijd gespendeerd naar het kijken naar die jurkjes. En inderdaad wat je zegt, het lijkt alsof ze zichzelf tegenwoordig alleen maar aan het kopieren zijn. Bij elke print die ze ongeveer het laatste half jaar hebben uitgebracht heb ik zoiets van "Geinig, maar die lijkt heel erg op print x". En veel van de nieuwe prints zou ik dan ook niet willen hebben eigenlijk. (naja sowieso heb ik dat ik geen sweet meer ga kopen, maar stel dat ik het wel nog zou dragen, dan zou ik niet voor de nieuwere prints gaan)

    Ik vind het erg jammer, ik zou het liever zien als merken nieuwe dingen blijven uitgeven ipv zichzelf blijven kopieren.

    Maar goed, aan de andere kant is het op zich ook weer niet een heel nieuw concept natuurlijk. Ik bedoel, elk merk (van Baby tot AP tot Mary Magdalene) heeft dat ze hun solid colour jurkjes ook steeds herhalen. En daar hoor je nooit iemand over klagen. ;)

    En ik kan me ook wel voorstellen voor iemand die geen memorial cake heeft kunnen bemachtigen, een Decoration Dream dan weer een uitkomst is. Of als je wel de print leuk vond maar het model van de jurk net niet, en die dan in een gelijkende print wel weer mooier is...

    Maar uit, je hoeft natuurlijk niet elke jurk die uitkomt te kopen. Scheelt ook weer jurkjes op een never-ending-wishlist. ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. @Josine: dat is waar veel sweet prints lijken inderdaad op elkaar, soms is het inderdaad wel moeilijk om ze uit elkaar te houden.

    Maar ik denk dat het er ook mee te maken hoe je erna kijkt. Moitie heeft bijvoorbeeld heel veel details die je niet goed op de foto kunt zien eigenlijk alleen maar in het echt.

    Dat is gedeeltelijk met Angelic Pretty...
    En het is waar dat je die jurkje niet hoeft te kopen, er zijn genoeg andere jurkjes. ^^

    Ik dacht trouwens dat the black cat en de VR heel erg op elkaar leken, maar dat valt dus wel mee? Dan heb ik me toch vergist!
    Ik wist trouwens helemaal niet dat jij de Black Cat had? Aagh nu wil ik een wardrobe post van jou zien! :D

    @Velvetbat: Haha, ja ik ook al! Dat was echt mijn favoriete tijdsbesteding een tijdje. Toen ik begon met lolita was dat nog niet zo heel erg, maar nu merk ik het steeds meer dat ze dingen herhalen. Ik hou heel erg van de oudere ott sweet print, echt zo schattig! Maar ze moeten niet teveel herhalen vind ik, dat ga ik toch niet kopen...

    Ik zou heel graag nieuwe dingen willen zien, want ze kunnen zo veel meer met lolita. ^^

    Met Solid jurkjes vind ik het een ander verhaal, dat is voor veel mensen toch een soort van basis of zoals ik ze helemaal geweldig vind omdat ze vaak niet heel erg extreem zijn. Meestal zijn ze precies goed! ;D

    Het scheelt inderdaad weer op een never-ending wishlist, misschien zijn die herhalende print toch niet zo erg als ik dacht! hahaha :P
    Dan hoef ik minder jurkjes te kopen xD

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen